Update on Vitamin D Analysis 5/10/2015
The vitamin D equipment is now fixed and operational. We have now started working through our backlog. We estimate that our backlog is approx 21 days. If you require any further infomation, please contact the laboratory.
About the Author
Consultant Clinical Scientist
Birmingham Heartlands Hospital
I'm clinical lead for Biochemistry and Blood Sciences and I am responsible for R&D in the department of Biochemistry and Immunology and I have developed a number of projects utilising LC/MSMS, including, “LCMSMS methods for catecholamine metabolites”, “measurement of drugs of abuse”, “25-OH Vitamin D”, “8-Isoprostane”, “Vitamins A and E” and “Prednisolone and other steroids”
I have a wide-ranging technical background with major interests in HPLC, mass spectrometry, capillary electrophoresis and information technology. I can get by in objective-c, ruby and html/css. You can see some of my work on github at https://github.com/cwebster/ and I have an app on the app store for calculating sigma values for clinical assays https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/assay-specification-six-sigma/id672408581?mt=8
I have supervised 6 students for the research component of their MSc and have gained grants for the study of glycated proteins in diabetes, hepcidin measurements in haemochromatosis, lab to lab communication and e-learning.
- Waldron J, Webster C. Liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for the measurement of serum mevalonic acid: a novel marker of hydroxymethylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase inhibition by statins. Ann Clin Biochem. 2011 May;48(Pt 3):223–232.
- Marrington R, Johnston J, Knowles S, Webster C. Measurement of urinary metadrenaline and normetadrenaline by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry for the diagnosis of phaeochromocytoma. Ann Clin Biochem. 2010 Sep.;47(Pt 5):467–475.
- Sulaiman et al. Ethnic differences in umbilical cord blood vitamin D and parathyroid hormone – South Asians compared to Whites born in the UK. Journal of Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine (0) vol. 0 (0) pp. 1-3
- Development of an ID-MS method for measurement of pentosidine, an advanced glycosylation end-product, ACB Focus 2008
- Development of an acid hydrolysis method for the quantification of total urinary opiates by LC-MS/MS., ACB Focus 2008
- Development of a Liquid Chromatography- Tandem Mass Spectrometry method for measuring Urinary Free Cortisol and comparison with two different cortisol immunoassays, ACB Focus 2008